[LinuxBIOS] are SST49LF016C compatible with LPC *and* FWH?

Jeremy Jackson jerj at coplanar.net
Wed May 16 18:20:55 CEST 2007

I would have thought LPC spec 1.1 would be a superset of 1.0, but it
seems SST *replaced* the LPC Memory Read/Write transactions with
Firmware Memory Read/Write (multiple bytes).

So I get egg on my face, enough 2MB FWH parts to fire up 8 Intel boards,
a good understanding of LPC vs FWH, and 2 choices for the LPC parts I
actually need.  I guess I shouldn't complain.

ST.com and Atmel.com both have the oh-so-fashionable dual mode LPC/FWH
parts, but they do not have the larger 16Mbit (or bigger) sizes

http://www.chingistek.com/products/fwh.cfm

Has a dual 16Mbit part, I've sent a request for sales info for PLCC32
parts.

Cheers,

Jeremy