[LinuxBIOS] Tyan S2865 CK804 interrupt routing help needed

Jeremy Jackson jerj at coplanar.net
Wed May 16 18:36:24 CEST 2007

Thanks for the reply, see below:

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 09:20 -0700, yhlu wrote:
> 1. use smp 64bit kernel.

I have Ubuntu feisty kernel, 2.6.20-14-generic #2 SMP, which shows 2
CPUs with an AMD Athlon64 X2 4600+.  Do I need any other kernel config
options?

> 2. s2865 onboard NIC is in silicon, so please refer irq routing in
> s2895 or s2891 etc.

Oh yes the onboard NIC works great, as does the tg3, all 3 PCI-e slots,
onboard video. DME1737 hwmon works.  sound works.  PCI slot one has all
four interrupts working.

What doesn't work yet is:
1) PCI slots 2-4
-there doesn't seem to be any interrupts generated.  slot 2 and 4 can do
ifconfig up, but don't transmit or receive any packets.  slot 3 refuses
to ifconfig up.

2)firewire (it's on PCI bus, so it's probably related to 1) gets no
interrupts.  If the module is reloaded, dmesg fills the screen endlessly
and hard reset is required.

3) SATA doesn't detect connected drives, and shows 0
in /proc/interrupts.  This is a mystery to me as all other CK804 devices
worked first try.

4) DME1737 watchdog.  there isn't a linux driver yet.  I expect to port
one of the other SMSC linux drivers soon.

5) MSI interrupts don't work, on vendor BIOS or LinuxBIOS.  some MSI to
HT mappings aren't set up.

I can really use help with 3) and 1)

Regards,

Jeremy