[LinuxBIOS] ALi M1621 support and general support for other NBs

popkonserve popkonserve at gmx.de
Thu May 17 12:52:26 CEST 2007

i'm currently implementing raminit functions for the ALi M1621
(Aladdin-Pro II) chipset. They should be working without any SPD data at
least for the detection of the RAM type and size(s). In general i think
that size and type detection is the same on most chipsets (if not all)
especially if it comes to EDO/FPM detection.
SPD data should be used for timing parameters only..and even if there's
no SPD data at all generic speed detection methods could be applied (set
aggressive timings, write data, read back and compare, adjust timings if
necessary).

still a question remains: should we add overclocking options somewhere?
maybe in the config file?

as this would be my first contribution: is anybody willing to take a
look into the sources? i guess they could be adapted for many older
socket7 chipsets easily.
regards,
Holger