[LinuxBIOS] linuxbios on commel lv671 board with ICH4 chipset ?

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Thu May 17 17:08:07 CEST 2007

Quoting Dieter Bloms <dieter at bloms.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I own a commell lv-671 board and want to install a linuxbios, because of
> supporting serial console.
>
> I successfully made a qemu bios and it works as aspected
>
> From the source I see, that the i82801db and i855pm is supported.
> Is the i855pm compatible to i855GME ?
>
> Or does anybody have successfully build a bios for the lv-671 board ?
>
> PS.: Here is a link to the board:
>
> http://www.commell.com.tw/Product/SBC/LV-671.HTM
>
> Thank you in advance
>

> --
> Best reguards
>

>   Dieter

Hello Dieter,
As far as the i855pm compatible to i855GME, should be compatable.
Intel likes to add letters on to the end of the chipsets for slight
variations in the same chipset. As far as the southbridge, the
i82801db src has some bugs, first the src refers to it as an ICH5 when
it is an ICH4 chip (just text errors), also the PCI ID devices are not
defined in pci_ids.h or they should just be hardcoded into the src
drectly, and lastly it does not offer ethernet support. I have fixed
all these bugs but have not submitted a patch yet because I have not
been able to test it.

Thanks - Joe