[LinuxBIOS] Progress on ASUS A8N-E

Philipp Degler pdegler at rumms.uni-mannheim.de
Thu May 17 19:30:41 CEST 2007

Hi

I realized some guys on this list were talking about porting ASUS A8N-SLI.

I started porting LinuxBIOS to ASUS A8N-E [1]. The boards seem to share some
similarities so maybe my code is of any use for A8N-SLI port.

At the moment I'am able to fully boot an open SuSE 10.0 using the standard
SuSE SMP kernel.

Network, sata, ide, usb and vga are working fine.

Unfortunately I still have some issues with IT8712F superio. Keyboard and
mouse are not working (have to use usb counterparts). I finally ended up
writing a little tool that dumps the register values of IT8712F (see
attachement). As of writing this I'am pretty sure it is no issue of IT8712F
alone. It seems to be an interrupt problem. Maybe some extra interrupt
settings of ck804 are needed?? Unfortunately I don't have any mb schematics
nor any ck804 data sheets that would help me further here :(.

I would be perfectly happy to provide a svn diff if it is of interest for you
guys.

phil

[1]
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=171&l4=0&model=455&modelmenu=2