[LinuxBIOS] Booting into MSDOS

MARTIN WOODHOUSE hokusai at btinternet.com
Fri May 18 16:42:59 CEST 2007

Hello Stefan and Darmawan and all

  Stefan wrote :

  Since it comes with Linux preinstalled, it should be
easier to use Linux than to try getting MSDOS working on there..!?

Stefan

  That may very well be true.   But I have a program already written for MSDOS (not Windows)
  which would be a truly major task to rewrite and recompile to run under Linux --- as SJ has alreeady pointed out to me.

  A presentation of this program can be found on my own Web site

  www.martin-woodhouse.co.uk

  -- and I do urge everybody to take a look at it.     If I cannot persuade you all to allow the XO to boot into MSDOS, my current alternative is to load both MSDOS itself, and a complete library of Illumination e-books, onto a USB flash drive --- there should be room for around a thousand or so such books on a 1 gig flashstick as well as MSDOS -- and arrange for the flashstick itself to be bootable.

  But this is rather an awkward way round of doing things; I'd much rather the XO could be dual-booted into both Linux and MSDOS.  And since you're already contemplating using Windows an an alternative OS,  ( ! ) this shouldn't really present too much of a problem, should it?

  Cheers and luv to all,

  Martin