[LinuxBIOS] Setup CAR on Geode GX1 processor

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sun May 27 22:59:43 CEST 2007

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 07:19:18PM +0200, Juergen Beisert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> find below my CAR implementation for the Geode GX1 processor. Tested on my
> Geode GX1 system. Comments are welcome.

Great, thanks!

Is this for v2 or v3 (or both?)

Can you please post a signed-off patch which puts this file in some
directory + the surrounding code which is necessary to actually use it?
I'm really eager to try it out on my ASI 5BLMP (== IGEL WinNET III)...

> /*

Just a minor thing:
The usual "This file is part of the LinuxBIOS project." line is missing here.

>  * Copyright (C) 2007 Juergen Beisert <juergen at kreuzholzen.de>
>  *
>  * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
>  * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
>  * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
>  * (at your option) any later version.

> 	.globl CacheAsRam
> CacheAsRam:

Can we make this "cache_as_ram"? We should stick with the coding
and naming guidelines as much as possible...

Otherwise the patch is nice and short, but I won't pretend I understand it ;)
Haven't read the GX1 datasheets, yet...

Uwe.