[LinuxBIOS] Epia V

Ben Hewson ben at hewson-venieri.com
Sun May 27 23:42:14 CEST 2007

Looking at the user manual, probably the only difference between the
EPIA and EPIA V is that the EPIA has 2 IDE and no floppy where as the
EPIA V loses 1 IDE for  the floppy connector. Same chipsets. I am
surprised it doesn't get further.

I get all of the "PCI: devfn 0x10, bad id 0xffffffff " on my EPIA.
It certainly looks like something caused the board to reset though.

2 points.

The line that generates "0120d4 is the computed timing"  doesnt actually
set any timing values. I did have a look at it and I think some of the
code is wrong. However I haven't removed it as I have found that the
first SMBus read seems to fail and that is called from this routine.

Also where the output says "Slot 00 is SDRAM" is one of the few places
that cause the system to hang. Maybe SMBus related, but I haven't proved
that yet.

Markus, what ram are you using ? The reboot may well be due to the fact
it hasn't been initialised properly. There have been problems with RAM
and the EPIA Try enabling the RAM check in mainboard/auto.c and see if
you get any errors before 0xa0000.

Ben