[LinuxBIOS] BIOS compatibility [was: memory table address]

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Nov 7 01:54:56 CET 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 05:19:31PM -0700, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> > I would like any BIOS compatibility to be opt-in, and to be
> > uninteresting because of new shinyness offered by LB and
> > understood by all. :)
>
> Except of course, the e820 table parser in the kernel... :)

Not neccessarily. Only if that really is a plenty good interface for
the task. And maybe not even then, if there are enough other things
that shall be passed to the payload.

What is the status of the OFW device tree parser in x86 Linux?

Do we still want to go with that or roll our own LB->payload
interface?

Yes - we are re-inventing the wheel, but maybe we can improve it.

//Peter