[LinuxBIOS] Booting from USB

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 8 06:48:11 CET 2007

Hello!
I will be pleased to answer your questions Ron, but in reverse order.

My end environment has not been decided. It will probably something working
in a normal room one. (If that's what you are curious about.)

Regarding the application here you are asking the obvious, which is good,
however it hasn't even been written. I would rather get my hardware working
and the system responding to its environment rather then worry about the
application before its target works.

And as regards my costs, quoting yourself here:
"on your costs, are you considering all the costs? The Thincan or the alix1c
are more like $140 or so, but they run off 1 power supply and don't require
the messy PC power supply and case."

Can you point me to a location for the Thincan, or the alix1c devices?

Oh and the commodity wireless networking card is going to be a WPC11 from
one of the better known firms.

To be honest I do not even have a proper budget for the entire project, let
alone the specific board. I am currently in the bouncing ideas phase at the
moment.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net