[LinuxBIOS] #87: flashrom issues on m57sli-s4

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Nov 12 12:30:33 CET 2007

On 08.11.2007 15:05, LinuxBIOS wrote:
> #87: flashrom issues on m57sli-s4
> -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
>     Reporter:  ward      |         Owner:  hailfinger
>         Type:  defect    |        Status:  new
>    Component:  flashrom  |       Version:  v2
>   Resolution:            |      Keywords:
> Dependencies:            |   Patchstatus:  there is no patch
> -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
> Changes (by hailfinger):
>
>   * owner:  somebody => hailfinger
>
> Comment:
>
>  I need superiotool output for a board with parallel flash running under
>  LB. NOW.
>
>  AFAICS the flash configuration is totally botched on LB with floating
>  GPIOs, wrong timing etc.
>
>  I have a patch pending which will solve the flashing problem on all M57SLI
>  boards, but I refuse to send it to the list before I have superiotool
>  output to verify.

Since trac seems to be down, this message goes to the list:

Flashing parallel flash is fixed in r2955.

To be able to autodetect presence of serial flash, I'd like full
superiotool output for
* board with parallel flash
* board with serial flash
both running LinuxBIOS r2955 or later.
I hope to find a bit which differs in superio configuration that can be
used to select the right code path for enabling SPI flash (decode and
flash functionality).

Regards,
Carl-Daniel