[LinuxBIOS] v3: status on real hardware

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Nov 13 02:35:44 CET 2007

On 12.11.2007 18:07, Marc Jones wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>>
>> while taking a look at stage0 and stage1 code in v3, I was surprised to
>> see no coherent structure in the code for Geode LX boards.
>> While some of this may be due to dead code, I'd like to know:
>> * which board can serve as structural reference
>> * which board is working best.
>>
>> Once I know that, I can send cleanup patches and maybe even kill a few
>> functions and files.
>
> I use the amd/norwich and Ron uses the adl/msm800sev. The norwich
> mainboard is more generic but they should be very similar to each
> other. The artecgroup mainboard is incomplete.

Thanks for the info! I'll proceed with structural unification of the
adl/msm800sev and amd/norwich mainboards and make the artec/dbe61
conform to their style.

As I work through the code, I will generate a stream of patches, mostly
for documentation and cleanup.

Do you have boot logs with maximum verbosity for the msm800sev or the
norwich? If I can see them, I have a chance to improve debug printout as
well.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel