[LinuxBIOS] r2967 - trunk/util/flashrom

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Nov 14 00:57:03 CET 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 05:45:22PM +0100, svn at openbios.org wrote:
> +	if (buf[7] != 0x22) {
> +		printf("Enabling Geode MSR to write to flash.\n");
> +		buf[7] = 0x22;

I don't know. Maybe I'm just reading the data book wrong. Please hit
me over the head again in that case.

It says bit 5=1 (0x20) and bit 0=0 => Unpredictable behavior occurs.

0x02 is write-allocate. Why do we want to do that?

0x21 on the other hand, is uncacheable+write-serialize and sounds
more like what we want.

> +		fd_msr = open("/dev/cpu/0/msr", O_WRONLY);

Anyway, I imagine that this will be needed for more chips. How do you
feel about moving the MSR:ing to a handy helper?

//Peter