[LinuxBIOS] alix1c

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Sun Nov 18 05:45:06 CET 2007

On 18/11/07 03:18 +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 09:14:46PM -0500, Tom Sylla wrote:
> > > Does anyone know what can be done to appease the hardware into
> > > _not_ shutting down even though pwrbtn is held pressed from boot?
> >
> > See this:
> > http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2007-October/025978.html
> > and its thread.
>
> Thanks for even digging it up for me!
>

> > LB is programming the power button to shut down after 4 seconds. If
> > you don't want it to shut down *don't do that* :)
>
> Check. :)
>
> I think I will add a new option for this.

Be careful with that - the failsafe is generally considered be a pretty
valuable addition.  I can't think of any pratical reasons why you would
want to not have the failsafe.

Even in this case, it wasn't the failsafe that was to blame, though it was
what was giving you heartburn.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse