[LinuxBIOS] Could original VGA BIOS be responsible for long timeout before LinuxBIOS kicks in?

Coquelicot coquelicot408 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 00:45:22 CET 2007

Hi all,

what can be responsible for long delay before starting LinuxBIOS? I
have it on VIA EPIA M-II with LB preppended by original VGA bios
extracted from the original BIOS. The delay is ~20 seconds before I
get first message on serial console (..."In auto.c:main()" messages).

Correct me if I am wrong: do I need VGA BIOS at all? I want my booting
Linux kernel to use framebuffer but I guess that original VGA BIOS is
not really needed for that, just to be able to "control" LB/FILO from
the local console, right?

--
Coquelicot