[LinuxBIOS] DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR superiotool & lspci.

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Wed Nov 21 19:35:23 CET 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 09:05:01AM -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2007 12:37 AM, Jerome Ibanes <jibanes at eskimo.com> wrote:
>

> > In set_Trwt():
> >
> >         if ((clocks < DTH_TRWT_MIN) || (clocks > DTH_TRWT_MAX)) {
> >                 die("Unknown Trwt");
> >         }
>

> It might not kill us, or destroy linuxbios as a project, if we did
> something like this:
> print("Trwt %x is out of range: min %x max %x\n" etc. etc. etc.

Yep, definately.

Jerome, can you try two things on the board:

 - Only use _one_ DIMM (if you used more for the first test), AFAIK
   there are some issues with multiple DIMMs, but I'm not sure yet.

   Also check the population rules in the board manual, not all slots
   are allowed.

 - Try a different DIMM (different speed settings, vendor, whatever).

Please report back if that changes anything.

Also, please change all '#if 0' lines in cache_as_ram_auto.c to '#if 1'
in order to enable more debugging output which might be useful, and
repost the updated minicom log then.

Thanks, Uwe.