[LinuxBIOS] From slashdot - a company possibly using linuxbios.

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Wed Nov 21 19:39:37 CET 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 11:43:30AM -0500, Robert Vogel wrote:
> Well...yes there is a reason the GA-M57SLI doesn't really work for me. To
> see why take a look at Ward's tutorial at
> http://linuxbios.org/GIGABYTE_GA-M57SLI-S4_Build_Tutorial
>
> The obstacles are obvious from the tutorial.

Not really. Do you refer to the required hardware hacking? Yes, that's
an ugly obstacle IMO, but there are a few other modern boards which are
supported and which have a standard socketed ROM which doesn't require
any hardware hacking at all.

E.g. MSI MS-7260 (K9N Neo), ASUS A8N-E, ASUS A8V-E SE, and others.

http://linuxbios.org/Supported_Motherboards

http://linuxbios.org/MSI_MS-7260_Build_Tutorial
http://linuxbios.org/ASUS_A8N-E_Build_Tutorial
http://linuxbios.org/ASUS_A8V-E_SE_Build_Tutorial