[LinuxBIOS] flashrom support for AMD CS5536

bari bari at onelabs.com
Fri Nov 23 19:34:35 CET 2007

Alan Alexander wrote:
> Many thanks for the information. Unfortunately I don't have access to
> the board schematics and getting technical support from the board
> supplier is proving rather difficult.
>
> I have confirmed via an oscilloscope that both the WP# and TBL# pins are
> permanently pulled high - indicating that no hardware write protection
> is enabled (so it looks like I may have side stepped the GPIO locking
> issue).
The pins WP# and TBL# are active low and would be tied high even in the
case of having write protection. Have you seen the WP# or TBL# go low on
the scope during any of your write attempts?

  I have also observed activity on the LFRAME#/FWH4 pin when
> flashrom is attempting to write to the flash. Since I don't have access
> to X-ray equipment I think my best shot is to take a look at waveforms
> produced during a byte program cycle. I just need to get hold of that
> Logic Analyzer.......

That will tell you how much you have working during an attempt at a byte
program cycle. Are you able now to write to the memory area below the
top-boot-block of the Flash? If so, all you have left to do is find out
how they control the TBL#.

-Bari