[LinuxBIOS] Can't compile flashrom

Shocky shocky1 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 25 17:24:45 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm new to LinuxBios, and just looking for a way to flash the bios on an HP
laptop without installing Windoze. None of the tricks I've found through
Google have worked for me so far, including HP's own utility for making
bootable usb keys.

I'm trying to compile just the flashrom component of LinuxBios from svn, but
make gives me an error telling me that I need to install pciutils-devel and
zlib-devel. The problem is these packages are already installed.

I extracted the little .test.c program from the Makefile, and determined that
the linker is unable to resolve the call to pci_alloc. The problem is I don't
know why. The header is there in /usr/include/pci/pci.h,
and /usr/lib/libpci.a is there (but I don't know how to tell what symbols the
library provides; reached the limit of my expertise there).

This happens on two different machines, one running Mandriva 2008.0 (the
laptop in question), and the other Mandriva 2007.0 (my desktop pc). Any ideas
what's going on and how to resolve it?

Shocky
--
These are my opinions. Get your own.