[LinuxBIOS] v3: Miscompilation problems

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Nov 26 11:12:14 CET 2007

On 25.11.2007 03:57, ron minnich wrote:
> I think we're going to have to take the approach of buildroot, where
> we pull down a working gcc as part of linuxbios build.
>
> I don't like this. But I'm getting tired of the various distros breaking gnubin.

After spending hours looking at the generated assembly output, it seems
the problem is NOT with the compiler, but with the linker. Basically,
for XIP code, only the first function in the assembly output is
executed. With -funit-at-a-time, that was usually the function placed
last in the code. So I'm now chasing a bug either in our linker commands
or in binutils.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel