[LinuxBIOS] Can't compile flashrom

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Mon Nov 26 20:52:54 CET 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 09:34:17AM -0700, Shocky wrote:
> On Sunday 25 November 2007 19:42, ron minnich wrote:
> > how's about we just figure out why flashrom won't build?
> >
> > ron
>
> Yeah, that's what I was hoping for 8^). Any ideas?

Please post the full compile output here.

Do you have pciutils-dev and zlib-dev (or whatever it's called on your
distribution) installed?

Also, there's a Mandriva package already (don't know in which "branch"
of Mandriva though). Doesn't that work?

http://linuxbios.org/Flashrom#Installation

If all else fails, edit the Makefile to remove the check for
pciutils-dev etc. and see if it works anyway. Maybe it's just the check
which is broken.

Uwe.