[LinuxBIOS] Can't compile flashrom

Shocky shocky1 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 26 22:24:01 CET 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007 09:02, Forest Dean Feighner wrote:
> Uwe Hermann wrote:
> > If all else fails, edit the Makefile to remove the check for
> > pciutils-dev etc. and see if it works anyway. Maybe it's just the check
> > which is broken.
>
> I was having troubles with the check for pciutils-devel and zlib-devel
> last night. Removing the dep check showed me that I had not install gcc
> yet. Compiled just fine after installing gcc. This is on openSUSE.

I have gcc installed. Been compiling packages when I have to for a few years
now.  You can see in my log where I did the test manually that it compiles
successfully.

But it's always good to check the basics. My dad always started diagnosing
electronics problems with "is it plugged in?". You wouldn't believe the
number of times it wasn't 8^).

--
These are my opinions. Get your own.