[LinuxBIOS] v3: make initram work

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Nov 27 01:43:41 CET 2007

On 27.11.2007 00:58, ron minnich wrote:
> I appreciate the work you have done here but it is too complex for my
> taste. Please look at my ELF parsing changes for initram. I would
> prefer to go that way. Note that my changes not only honor the entry
> point in the LAR header, they actually use it :-)

Hi Ron,

thanks for going the ELF parse way. While some parts of the patch are
still relevant because they fix other bugs, I like your ELF parsing
patch much better than my approach.
Unfortunately (for me), my net access failed for half a day so I was
unable to see the work you were doing in parallel. Although my mails
have earlier date, they were flushed just now out of my outbox.

I'll test your ELF parsing changes and post a patch on top of it.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel