[LinuxBIOS] Can't compile flashrom

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 16:57:31 CET 2007

Shocky wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2007 02:46, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>
>> * Shocky <shocky1 at users.sourceforge.net> [071126 21:37]:
>>
>>> It just says:
>>>
>>> Checking for pciutils and zlib... not found.
>>>
>>> Please install pciutils-devel and zlib-devel.
>>>
>>> Nothing more informative.
>>>
>> What pciutils, pciutils-devel, zlib and zlib-devel package versions do
>> you have installed on your system?
>>
>> --
>> coresystems GmbH • Brahmsstr. 16 • D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
>>       Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613
>> Email: info at coresystems.dehttp://www.coresystems.de/
>> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Freiburg • HRB 7656
>> Geschäftsführer: Stefan Reinauer • Ust-IdNr.: DE245674866
>>

> pciutils and pciutils-devel are version 2.2.6 release 3mdv2008.0. zlib is
> actually zlib1. zlib1 and zlib1-devel are version 1.2.3 release 8mdv2008.0.

Perhaps this can help?

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=flashrom

The rpms are there, for immediate use, and also the maintainer's contact
info. Perhaps he knows something we don't (but should). Source is there
as well to see if there are any differences, but there are too many
people on the repos at the moment, I'm getting kicked.

> That's on the laptop where I really want to build it. I also get the same
> error my my 2007.0 desktop, where pciutils is at veresion 2.2.3, and zlib1 is
> at the same version 1.2.3.
>
> I'm wondering if I should pull down the source rpms for these and see what's
> inside them. I saw someone mention the other day on another thread that some
> distros break linuxbios. Maybe Mandriva is one of them.
>
> Shocky

If the threads you were looking at dealt with stack check failure, it
doesn't affect flashrom.

-Corey