[LinuxBIOS] alix1c for v3 update

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:45:27 CET 2007

ron minnich wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2007 8:24 AM, Corey Osgood <corey.osgood at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> +     [SPD_MIN_CYCLE_TIME_AT_CAS_MAX] = 10, /* A guess for the tRAC value */
>>>

>> This looks like it's wrong, a normal DDR400 dimm is 0x50 or so.
>>

>>> +     [SPD_MODULE_ATTRIBUTES] = 0xff, /* FIXME later when we figure out. */
>>>

>> 0x20 for an unbuffered dimm, 0x26 for registered.
>>

> So I'm going to ask a favor. I am going from the data sheets and could
> not find this info. Can you look and tell me? I got lost in the
> numbers ...

I cheated ;) Here's a micron datasheet for a DDR400 CL3 Dimm:
http://download.micron.com/pdf/datasheets/modules/ddr/DDA9C16_32_64x72AG.pdf

And what should be known as the best idiot's guide to SPD out there:
http://www.simmtester.com/page/news/showpubnews.asp?num=101

I have the JEDEC datasheet on this, but I have so damn many JEDEC
datasheets I simply can't figure out which one it is. The
"SPD_ACCEPTABLE_CAS_LATENCIES" also should be 0x50 (5ns).

>>> +  * Place holder in case we ever need it. Since this file is a
>>>

>> place holder -> placeholder?
>>

> Fixed :-)
>

>> main()?
>>

> yes, we do main for things like this, as it is standalone. All initram
> are planned to be this way. Confusing? Should we change the name?

Nope, just thought the standard was the other way around, my bad.

-Corey