[LinuxBIOS] v3: convert stage2 to multi-segment LAR

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Nov 27 18:51:48 CET 2007

* ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> [071127 18:27]:
> On Nov 27, 2007 9:22 AM, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
>
> > With all this, if I unpack a LAR archive, and repack it again, will it
> > still produce a working archive?
> >

> No, it won't. You lose the entry point info. We would have to unpack
> LAR to ELF files. This is a limitation I had not thought of. Should I
> have an option to unpack to elf? It would not be hard.

Hm.. either that, or we should go and write a "MANIFEST" file,
containing the extra meta data. Or a combination?

> Sorry to hear about OFW, how do we fix it?

It has a dummy ELF header and loads parts of itself later on. Easy way:
copy it all to ram and work from there. There are better ways. We'll
find out.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613