[LinuxBIOS] State of the buildrom

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Nov 30 00:07:44 CET 2007

On 29.11.2007 22:58, ron minnich wrote:
> I still don't know how to do fallback/normal on v3 ...

The current v3 fallback/normal code is less than optimal. In case normal
boot is specified, it will die() unless normal/initram and normal/stage2
are found. So even in the presence of fallback/initram and
fallback/stage2 code will die. In case fallback boot is specified, it
will still require normal/stage2 or die() as well.

IMO we should always fail over in both directions: Run normal/* if
fallback/* fails and the other way round. The only open question is
whether we want to be able to explicitly prohibit execution of normal/*,
maybe by retrieving the state of a jumper etc.

I can create a patch on top of my ".o" removal for parsed ELF files.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel