[LinuxBIOS] Flashrom support for NVidia MCP51?

Shocky shocky1 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 30 05:25:57 CET 2007

Now that I can build and run flashrom, I get:

Calibrating delay loop.. OK.
No LinuxBIOS table found.
Found chipset "NVidia MCP51", enabling flash write... OK
generic_spi_command called, but no SPI chipset detected
No EEPROM/flash device found.

I see on the supported devices list that NVidia MCP55 is supported, but mine
is "?". Anything I can do to help get it supported?

I don't know what type of flash chip I have, or for that matter what type of
m/b. It's an HP Pavilion dv2412ca laptop. I haven't been able to figure out
how to open the case to see what's inside (I took out all the swappable
components, removed all visible screws on the bottom, and searched for hidden
ones, but the case was still solidly locked in place; in fact it makes me
wonder what all the screws were for 8^).

Any advice on the next steps?

Shocky
--
These are my opinions. Get your own.