[LinuxBIOS] successfully flashed Asus M2A-VM,

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 04:36:03 CEST 2007

On 9/30/07, Rodney Crossman <rodc at ravenet.ca> wrote:

> WARNING: No chipset found. Flash detection will most likely fail.
> SST49LF080A found at physical address: 0xfff00000

It occurs to me that the 'will most likely fail' message is too
pessimistic. Anybody want to reword it :-)

I get that message all the time, followed by the 'OH! I found this flash part!"

Maybe even do this:

Note: flashrom has no support for this chipset.

Then set an internal variable indicating that there was no chipset support.

And then, if and only if no flash part is found, AND the chipset was
not supported:
Warning: no flash part identified, this *may* be due to the fact the
flashrom has no special code for this chipset.

thanks

ron