[LinuxBIOS] linuxbios support for thinkpads?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue Oct 2 03:16:59 CEST 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 03:54:20AM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 04:16:32AM -0400, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> > It's great to hear that AMD is so supportive of this project.
> ..
> > laptop
>
> This was discussed on IRC shortly after Mark's post. For now, the

Which post? URL?

> graphics hardware simply isn't there to serve this market.
>
> LB can run the binary VGA BIOS in the emulator for init but for
> operation going through legacy drivers/APIs is not the right way.

Sure, it's not ideal, but as a temporary "hack" until we have something
better -- why not?

Maybe a totally-free-laptop-from-scratch won't happen very soon, but
an existing laptop with supported chipset, superio, EC and socketed ROM
would be a (relatively) easy target to at least support _some_ laptop
at all...

Personally, I would be really happy to see something like this happen.

Uwe.