[LinuxBIOS] flashrom support for AMD Geode CS5536

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Oct 2 19:40:33 CEST 2007

On 02/10/07 11:32 -0600, Lane Brooks wrote:
> Jordan Crouse wrote:
> >On 02/10/07 18:27 +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> >>Dear Lane!
> >>
> >>Thank you very much for your patch.
> >>
> >>* Lane Brooks <lbrooks at MIT.EDU> [071002 18:20]:
> >>Unfortunately no. Any patches that generically implement such a
> >>mechanism are welcome though!

> >>Why do you use/need large file support for seeking to an offset of
> >>0x1808 ?
> >
> >Thats original generic MSR behavior from rdmsr/wrmsr - we need the
> >large file support to access the high MSRs (0x80000000) and
> >above.  Its not needed in this case - but is it hurting?
> >
> >Jordan
>

> Jordan brings up a point that I forgot to mention previously.  This is
> my first time contributing to an open source project, and I am not
> extremely familiar with protocols in terms of acknowledging code.  I
> based this patch on rdmsr/wrmsr code I found on the OLPC webpage, and it
> seems attributable to Ron Minnich.  Should I acknowledge this fact in
> the code?

I can't remember if it was Ron or I that wrote them - maybe a little
of both.  Those were good times.. :)

Anyway - I am of the opinion that this code is of such trival nature that
it borders on the obvious - its neither enlightening nor novel - and as
such attribution probably isn't called for - unless you really want to.

Jordan
--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer