[LinuxBIOS] patch: filo

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Oct 4 10:04:57 CEST 2007

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 08:14:19AM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> We should also get Peter's speedup patch in.

Maybe, but note that it does introduce at least one new bugs where
FILO is unable to load more than one file. (Ie when using an initrd
it often fails.)

I thought this was because I broke the simple yet effective caching
system in FILO's block layer, but I looked it over and it did seem
OK. I have not had time to investigate further.

Furthermore I think the patch still hoses FILO in VMware.

> Which is the latest version of that one?

6, but I don't want to sign it off until those two issues are fixed.
If anyone feels like helping out, please do.

//Peter