[LinuxBIOS] Timer frequencies

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Fri Oct 5 18:10:27 CEST 2007

Myles Watson wrote:
> I got Bochs to fail the same way the hardware (my Tyan s2892) fails when
> I turned down the timer tick interrupt frequency.  I’m having trouble
> finding the place where the timer gets set up.  (Grepping for
> time,rtc,timer,hz, etc.)
>

> Can someone tell me where I can make the interrupts come at 100 Hz in
> LinuxBIOS?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Myles

I believe that you are looking for calibrate_tsc() in
cpu\x86\tsc\delay_tsc.c. That only sets up channel2. No reason you
couldn't make changes in your mainboard but I'm not sure the setting
will stick. I would expect the linux kernel reprogram the PIT (maybe not
if it is using ACPI timer or HPET)?

Marc

--
Marc Jones