[LinuxBIOS] svn tricks [was:r2814 - trunk/util/superiotool]

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Oct 5 19:50:35 CEST 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 10:49:10PM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 07:24:43PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> > > -#define SUPERIOTOOL_VERSION "0.1"
> > > +#define SUPERIOTOOL_VERSION "r$Rev$"
> >
> > How do I work with this? $Rev$ for superiotool.h won't be increased
> > automatically when I make changes to another file.
>
> It will be increased with every commit, no matter which files change.
> Contrary to CVS, svn has a global revision number (not per-file
> revisions), so it'll be updated whenever you commit something (or
> someone else committed something and you do an 'svn up').

Scrap that, I was wrong.

The svn revision is indeed repository-wide (not per-file), _but_ the
stuff which replaces $Rev$ is actually the last commit for this file
(and not the repository-wide revision as I thought).

There's doesn't seem to be a keyword which is replaced with what we
want, but there's an ugly hack we can use to make it still work in this
case. See my patch in another mail.

Uwe.