[LinuxBIOS] Tyan Thunder n3600R (S2912) support status?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Oct 5 23:27:07 CEST 2007

Oh, I almost forgot...

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 01:28:42PM -0700, yhlu wrote:
> > CPU ==>yes
> > RAM ===> yes
> > IDE ===> yes
> > IDE using CF-to-IDE adapter ===>  not tested
> > SATA ==> yes
> > USB ==> yes
> > On-board ethernet ===> yes
> > On-board audio ====> N/A
> > PCI add-on cards ===> N/A
> > PCI Express add-on cards ===> display card
> > Floppy ===> why? not tested

Sure, the typical server admin probably doesn't care about this type of
stuff, but I think in general we want to fully support _all_ the
hardware which is available on the board.

Thus, I think we should have a common Status table in the wiki for _all_
boards and we should explicitly test all available hardware parts in
LinuxBIOS so we have an exact status report as possible for each board.

Our users will surely appreciate it.

> > Serial port (COM1) Yes
> > Serial port (COM2) ?
> > Parallel port ===> why? not tested
> > PS/2 keyboard ===> why? not tested
> > PS/2 mouse ===> why? not tested
> > Mainboard sensors/fans ===> N/A

The spec page says

- Winbond W83627HF Super IO
- Analog Devices ADT7476 Hardware Monitoring IC

Don't those two provide sensors of various kinds? Did you test any of
them (via lm-sensors probably)?

Uwe.