[LinuxBIOS] Tyan Thunder n3600R (S2912) support status?

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Sat Oct 6 00:40:06 CEST 2007

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 12:32:52AM +0200, Rasmus Wiman wrote:
> Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> skrev:
>
> > The spec page says
> >
> > - Winbond W83627HF Super IO
> > - Analog Devices ADT7476 Hardware Monitoring IC
> >
> > Don't those two provide sensors of various kinds? Did you test any of
> > them (via lm-sensors probably)?
>
> Yes, it should. That's the difference between W83627F and HF, the HF
> has sensors, the F doesn't, according to the data sheet.

If it's anything like the other Tyan boards I've played with, some of the
sensors/fans will be hooked up to the SuperIO, and the bulk will be hooked up
to the ADT7476.

I think I added some code to the s2881 tree that sanitizes fan speed control
(as in, puts it under automatic hardware control). IIRC, the other Tyan
boards don't have that yet.

Thanks,
Ward.

--