[LinuxBIOS] lbrelocs - LinuxBIOSv3 re-linking tool

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Sat Oct 6 16:53:15 CEST 2007

On 05/10/07 17:27 -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> if you want true independence, why not make the stage0 symbol table a
> lar file? You could compress it. Then, later, you can make a new
> initram and will be able to link it with the stage0 that you are not
> going to change.

I had thought about originally saying that all this should go directly
into LAR, but there's one problem with that - we feed LAR the binary
for the LinuxBIOS segments, not the ELF.  So we would have to teach
LAR how to either do the binary copy too, or teach it how to call
objcopy.  I'm not sure if thats the sort of complexity that LAR needs
to learn.  We could put the ELF itself into the ROM (LinuxBIOS could
easily figure out how to call into it by parsing the headers), but thats
extra bits that we can't afford.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse