[LinuxBIOS] Call for help: superiotool

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 04:46:44 CEST 2007

Question about registers:

In the datasheet for the FDC37M81x, registers 0x62,0x63 of COM2 have
values marked for their hard reset (0x00,0x00).  In the 'Configuration
Register' column, there is a note that these two registers are
'Reserved'.

So, in this type of case should I mark the two registers with their
given value, 0x00, or should I use RSVD?

What if the registers were marked with a dash (-) ?  Usually I would
mark that as NANA, but if it's marked as reserved I assume I should
use RSVD instead.

Oh -- and what about the chip rev?  Usually there's no given value
(because it would change with each chip), so I would mark it MISC, but
I believe I saw that other people had marked the chip rev register as
NANA.  Which is preferable, and why?

Thanks!
--Robinson