[LinuxBIOS] Adding support for At29C010A

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Oct 7 12:48:05 CEST 2007

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 12:59:14AM +0400, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> After a quick look through the specs for At29C020 and At29C040A I
> realized that all these chips looks identical. The only difference
> is page size - 128 bytes at At29C010A and 256 bytes at 020 and 040
> models.

Yes, that's pretty common for chips from the same family.

> So am I right then suggests that for enabling At20C010A chip I need
> only add few lines -
>
>          {"At29C010A",    ATMEL_ID,       AT_29C010A,     128, 128,
>          probe_jedec,   erase_chip_jedec, write_jedec},
>
> into flashchips.h and only one #define into flash.c?

Yup.

> I don't exactly understand how to find device ID - looks like I
> need a small advice :)

It should be mentioned in the chip data sheet. Look near the
programming algorithm. Programming requires enabling a special
command mode with some sequence of writes. Usually you can read the
ID bytes instead of starting to program after that sequence.

//Peter