[LinuxBIOS] superiotool - dump support for fdc37b72x

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 23:05:57 CEST 2007

On 10/7/07, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 12:05:05AM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> > > Is there some way that we can factor out these common data?
> >
> > No, I don't think that's practicable.
>
> Depends on how much values would be duplicate I think.

For the smsc superios I've just been working on
- the keyboard and COM1 registers are practically all the same
- I think that Parallel Port was all the same, too
- COM2 is almost always the same (the first register is sometimes
0x00, sometimes NANA... so practically we might actually consider
these the same).

> > While refactoring code is a good thing in general, this is just a
> > bunch of numbers and I don't see a way to sensibly factor this out.
>
> Easy, just split the current table into LDN data common for more than
> one chip, and LDN data specific to each chip, then add code to create
> the current table from that.

Either way is fine with me.