[LinuxBIOS] superiotool - dump support for LPC47M112

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 23:22:12 CEST 2007

On 10/7/07, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while the patch is correct I won't apply it for now. I have a much
> bigger patch in the works which does what your patch does, and adds
> a lots more other (duplicate) IDs for chips with different name...

sure.

> On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 01:02:10PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> > > In general, can I assume that two chips with the same id number
> > > will have the exact same register layout?
> >
> > No, I don't think that is safe.
>
> True.
>
> There are several chips with different names and same IDs.

Fair enough.  Now that being said, how should I enter data for two
chips into the array?  Should it just look like the following?

{0x50, "First chip name"
    ...}
{0x50, "Second chip name"
    ...}

> > > Also, what are "Ultra I/Os", and should superiotool support dumps
> > > from 'em?
> >
> > Sorry, no idea.
>
> Can you name an example? I think that's just another name for Super I/O,
> so yes, I think we should support them.

Sure -- the SMSC datasheet website lists several Super I/Os and at
least one "Ultra I/O":

http://www.smsc.com/main/datasheet.html

"FDC37C93x  	FDC37C93x Plug-and-Play Compatible Ultra I/O Controller
	639k  	3/21/07"