[LinuxBIOS] GA-M57SLI-S4 SPI or MS-7260

Josh Profitt zorn169 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 10:52:03 CEST 2007

hi,
I'm in the process of building a new computer and want to make
sure that I can use linuxbios on it.  I've narrowed my choice
of boards down to GA-M57SLI-S4 or MS-7260, and had a
few questions about them.

If i go with the GA-M57SLI-S4, I assume I will end up with
one of the SPI bios boards.  Has anyone managed
to try this mod yet?
http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2007-September/024395.html
I can probably get through the soldering, but my electronics knowledge isn't
that great, so I would hate to be the guinea pig for the mod.

Regarding the MS-7260, PCIe and SATA, they are marked as untested.
Is it likely that they will just work or will the be more likely that
they will be broken for some reason.

Anyways, thats for all of the hardwork
that has gone into this project,
Josh