[LinuxBIOS] [lm-sensors] [ANNOUNCE] superiotool -- Detect Super I/Os, dump register contents

Rasmus Wiman rasmus at wiman.org
Tue Oct 9 19:20:50 CEST 2007

Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:

> * When dumping a Winbond W83627THF chip, sometimes the default value
> is replaced with NA, MM or RR. While I can imagine what NA stands
> for, I am curious what MM and RR mean. This should be explained in
> the manual page IMHO.

I recently got that explained. MM=Misc, further explanation would be
needed. It's meant for cases when a register har 2 write-only bits, one
that is always zero and three regs that are read/write and other
complex cases. RR=reserved. For when the datasheet says reserved or
internal purpose.

I agree that it should be explained in the man page.

/Rasmus