[LinuxBIOS] r2846 - trunk/util/flashrom

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Oct 10 19:22:36 CEST 2007

svn at openbios.org wrote:
> Cosmetic changes to make the flashrom output more consistent (trivial).
>

> -			printf("OK.\n");
> +			printf("OK\n");

Removing the periods makes the output inconsistent. Please dont do this.

> -		printf("Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.\n");
> +		printf("Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS - disabling checks\n");

Why is this considered more consistent than before ? Removing periods
from complete sentences is wrong.
>  	printf_debug("LinuxBIOS last image size "
> -		     "(not rom size) is %d bytes.\n", *walk);
> +		     "(not ROM size) is %d bytes\n", *walk);

You are removing all dots all over the place. It was consistent before.
Why did you change this?
I put all of them there on purpose before. :-(

>  		printf_debug("This firmware image matches "
> -			     "this motherboard.\n");
> +			     "this motherboard\n");

Full sentences should end with a period.

>  	} else {
>  		if (force) {
>  			printf("WARNING: This firmware image does not "
> -			       "seem to fit to this machine - forcing it.\n");
> +			       "seem to fit to this machine - forcing it\n");

... It seems this was pretty consistent before. And it was correct.

> -		if (i & 1) {
> +		if (i & 1)
>  			value <<= 8;
> -		}