[LinuxBIOS] patch: move shared files to common place

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Oct 11 20:47:58 CEST 2007

* Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [071011 20:27]:
> Ah, yes, but the files in the 761GX code are 100% identical with the
> amdk8 ones. And as the 761GX is K8-based/-related somehow (at least
> that's what I'm guessing, but I may be wrong) I think we could simply
> leave the amdk8 files where they are, and have the 761GX code simply
> #include the amdk8 files. Sounds reasonable?

Yes, please!

Otoh, it seems such a board has both an AMD K8 northbridge _AND_ a
SIS 761GX north bridge. So the right way imho would be to specify both
of those in Config.lb instead of cheating them into the SiS code even
though its two completely different components. We should try to stick
to a clean device model.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613