[LinuxBIOS] ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Oct 12 12:37:36 CEST 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 11:18:54AM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 11:20:07AM -0500, Arturo Mann wrote:
> > Hello there,
> > I am wondering if this board is supported at all:
> > Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, based on an nVidia MCP55 (NF570-SLI), running
> > with an Amd Athlon64 6000+ X2
>
> The components are supported but noone has made an effort to make
> this particular board work.
>
> So no, I don't think the board is supported yet. But if you want to
> try to port an existing MCP55 board it is significantly less effort
> than writing support from scratch.

Yep. If you have a null-modem cable (for serial debug output) and a
second, compatible flash chip, the tool to remove the chip and replace
it with another one, and if you're willing to test patches, please let
us know. We can provide you patches which will probably work after
one or two tries...

First steps, can you please run 'superiotool -dV' on the box? Also,
is your BIOS chip in a socket? Is it a PLCC chip? (see website for details).

Then, post 'lspci -nn' and 'lspnp -v' if possible.

Thanks, Uwe.