[LinuxBIOS] MSI MS-6337 (i815 based)

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 21:12:07 CEST 2007

Jouni Mettälä wrote:

> On 10/12/07, *joe at smittys.pointclark.net
> <mailto:joe at smittys.pointclark.net>* <joe at smittys.pointclark.net
> <mailto:joe at smittys.pointclark.net>> wrote:
>

>     What do you have minicom set to?
>
>     115200 8n1. Now it's little better (cable works better and with
>     some tidying with text editor)
>

> Attached minicom log with ms6178 revision 2948. It seems even better
> than slightly modified version earlier.
>
> superiotool_output is from ms6337. Superio is w83627hf-aw.

Please check the dimm size translation tables, in northbridge.c and
raminit.h. If you're using the i810 ones, I'm fairly sure they need to
be modified, that could be why your elfload is failing. Also check that
video is either disabled or the vga framebuffer size is subtracted from
the memory size in northbridge.c (look for ram_resource()). And please
try with only a single dimm, unless you've worked on it I think ram init
is only working correctly for one dimm.

Good luck!
Corey