[LinuxBIOS] ASUS A7V8-MX SE support

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 06:06:16 CEST 2007

Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 10:17:14PM -0400, Corey Osgood wrote:
>
>> vt8237 should be a snap, Rudolf and I need to sync up at some point and
>> figure out how to work that out, because we both have very different
>> patches. His work is probably more suited to your system.
>>

> Yes, please coordinate and send a patch. We can sure commit this right
> away, no need to merge the K8T890 or CX700 (or what was the name?) code
> right now. I think the vt8237 may also be useful for other targets...
>

> Uwe.

CN700 ;) I'll work around him. Lets get his stuff in, since I'm still
not quite ready. I do need a few extra bits that I hope he can test,
namely USB init which doesn't work for me without setting IO addresses
and irqs in linuxbios. Linux *should* be able to just clobber those
settings later if it doesn't like them.

vt8237r should be helpful for a number of other targets, everything from
several other C3/C7 chipsets use it, along with some k7 and a lot of k8
stuff, and I think some p4 chips too.

-Corey