[LinuxBIOS] Mobile Intel Celeron CPU Question

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Sat Oct 13 06:09:27 CEST 2007

Quoting Corey Osgood <corey.osgood at gmail.com>:

> joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>> Here is /proc/cpuinfo from the original bios:
>>
>> processor	: 0
>> vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
>> cpu family	: 6
>> model		: 11
>> model name	: Mobile Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU          733MHz
>> stepping	: 4
>> cpu MHz		: 731.076
>> cache size	: 256 KB
>> fdiv_bug	: no
>> hlt_bug		: no
>> f00f_bug	: no
>> coma_bug	: no
>> fpu		: yes
>> fpu_exception	: yes
>> cpuid level	: 2
>> wp		: yes
>> flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
>> pse36 mmx fxsr sse
>> bogomips	: 1445.88
>>
>> What would my cpu_device_id be then? 0x06B4 right?
>
> Yep, I think so.
>
>> Can this be
>> combined with the model_69x then? They are very close.
>>

> Probably. If it works, go with it.
>
>> Or possibly we can condense them into a model_6xxm (that's an m on the
>> end for mobile)??
>>

> Sorry, too lazy to restart the reply. That doesn't seem like a great
> idea, seems like it could have bad repercussions with p4s that use
> 0x06xx model numbers, if they aren't compatible. Also the 69x are
> non-mobile cpus.
>
> -Corey

Are you sure? Looks like the only CPU that calls the model_69x and
model_6dx is from the socket_mPGA479M. I'm assuming the "M" on the end
is for "Mobile", also considering the processors mentioned are:

 From model_6dx_init.c
{ X86_VENDOR_INTEL, 0x06D6 }, /* Pentium M on 90nm with 2MiB of L2 cache */

 From model_69x_init.c
{ X86_VENDOR_INTEL, 0x0695 }, /* Pentium M */

It just seems a little silly to setup a whole new directory of exactly
the same code as these. Except mine would say:

model_6bx_init.c
{ X86_VENDOR_INTEL, 0x06B4 }, /* Mobile Celeron FCBGA 479*/

Corey, you should be able to relate with all your i82801xx code
condensing. Good work by the way (if I hadden't mentioned that
already):-)

Thanks - Joe