[LinuxBIOS] M57SLI Rev2.0 SPI - how to add the second bios chip (incl. pictures)

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Oct 13 17:17:15 CEST 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 08:40:02PM +0200, Harald Gutmann wrote:
> first i wanted to boot the machine with the "hardware hack" on it,
> the fans started to move, but i got no response from my monitor.
> but, after changing the position of the switch, it just worked like
> usual!
> (on that point i knew, that i've soldered everything correct.
> because when the empty chip is activated, there is no data sent
> from the bios chip to the superio.)

Excellent job! The soldering looks great - very impressive if this
was the first time you soldered electronics. :)

Also great to have confirmation that the hardware hack works!

Thank you very much.

> after booting the machine, i made a svn co of the linuxbios
> flashrom util, compiled it and had a look if it will work.

I'm not sure if flashrom actually works with the SPI chips yet.

Carl-Daniel was working on it but I don't remember what the status
is.

//Peter